Tomato poori is flavoured with tomatoes and mint leaves.Yesterday when I was thinking that I should prepare something new type of poori. Though the recipe sounds rather simple, regular kneading is not enough.So wish, you’ll give little bit more extra pressure while kneading.
Cuisine :South Indian(Breakfast)
METHOD - I
Chop the tomatoes with the skin and grind along with cumin seeds and green chillies.
METHOD - II
1. Put tomatoes in boiling water for 20 mins Now tomatoes would have become soften.
2. Grind the tomatoes along with green chillies and cumin seeds.Put the tomatoes in a mixie and make a puree.
3. In a broad vessel,add wheat flour, sooji,finely chopped mint leaves,caraway seeds,asafoetida, salt, oil and mix well.Run this ground tomato mixture over wheat flour.3. Knead everything to a form a stiff dough. Make equal parts out of this. Knead them into small pooris with uniform thickness.
4. Now make small balls from the dough and dust with flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
5. Fry from both the sides till golden in colour,remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin. Serve hot with potato sabzi.