Koat Pitha is deep fried fritters with rice flour, jaggery and banana. It is very flavorful with a crispy outer and innermost its soft.Coming to the state, it is the third smallest in the country and is bordered by Bangladesh, Assam and Mizoram.
This month March challenge our team Shhhh cooking secret challenge had planned Mizoram cuisine. I have paired with Vidya Narayan who blogs at masalachilli.
She gave me two ingredients banana and jaggery,so I have prepared Koat pitha which has abundance of banana.Once it cooled down, they were very soft inside and tasted very good.
Related dessert recipe links
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: North East Indian
1. Mash the banana in a bowl .In a bowl melt the jaggery with water. Once the jaggery is boiled strain it to remove impurities.
2. In a bowl add jaggery syrup, mashed banana, rice flour and salt and mix well. Place one tablespoon at a time of banana mix into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
3. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
4. This sweet dish is ready to serve.
Keep all the ingredients together
Melt the jaggery with water
Mash the bananas either by spoon or you can blend them too
Now add the jaggery syrup to the mashed bananas
Mix the rice flour to the banana jaggery mixture
It should be thick dropping consistency
Drop it into the hot oil
Fry till golden brown
The sweet dish is reday to serve
- It should be of thick dropping consistency.
- Not necessary for string consistency