Homemade sweet potato flatbread is a delicious 2-ingredient side dish. This oil-free and yeast free flatbread goes well with curryReport this ad . This easy bread is so versatile that you can eat it with anything really. Another yummy soft and easy chapathi to prepare on days you have to fast.
Baking is not suitable as it dries out the sweet potatoes and you need the moisture. Sweet Potato Flatbread / Roti is vegan, fat-free bread, full of fibers, which can help you in your diet and weight loss. I boiled my sweet potatoes in water. It is better to boil or steam them.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Course: Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish
MORE RECIPES ARE LINKED HERE
1. Cook sweet potato in a microwave until soft.
Start off with boiling sweet potatoes. It will take about 7-10 minutes to cook them thoroughly.
2. Drain the water, let them cool down a bit and mash them with a spoon or pototo masher.
3. Place the wheat flour in a wide bowl & add the mashed sweet potato. Knead until you get soft dough. You don’t want to overwork your dough as it could become sticky.
4. Divide the dough into equal parts.
5. Roll each part into a round shape and start patting each ball to a flatten shape.
6. Now starting rolling the pin and form shapes.
7. Spread it on top of the newspaper or on a plate. Repeat the process for the remaining rotis.
8. Heat a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat, add enough oil to just coat the pan.The bubbles will form but this is good beacause it helps to cook the flatbread.
9.Cook paratha on one side until brown dots appear, flip over and brush the paratha lightly with butter.
10.Now flatbread should feel firm and lightly golden and crisp on the edges. Serve hot and enjoy.
Serving suggestionsButter Chicken
If you like, you can add various spices to the mixture.You may need to add extra flour if your sweet potatoes are very moist.
Just add enough flour until it feels like a soft, workable dough.The fastest and easiest way to cook your sweet potato is to microwave them.