Thursday 30 June 2016

Product Review for Eastern Condiments

Today I have a lot to share with you which will be fun and exciting,so I hope you will read through! 
“Product Review”
I have never done a “product review” on my blog. A box full of spice powders and ready to mix curry packs arrived from eastern condiments. Seriously this is my first product review and I love the samples send by my friend, Aveta of Eastern Condiments. I was really surprised when Aveta asked to write an unbiased review for some of the products of Eastern Condiments P Ltd. Lets have twist with tasting different flavors of their masala powders. Almost I have tried all eastern product masala powders and felt the taste and spice level content...On going through their website I came to know that they are very famous in the Middle Eastern countries as well as USA.
Advantages of their products:
·         It’s clear, direct and easy to follow. The ease of preparation varies depending on the recipe.
·         Its Easily available ingredients and budget friendly
·         They have Variety of Eastern products
Wide range of products:
The have a wide variety of products which has an exquisite flavor and taste in it. They have launched a few products with the ethnic taste of Karnataka. Here my family members love the flavored rice and one among our favorites happens to be Bisibela bath. And each of the products had very well explained recipe behind the packet, which was easy and simple to follow. Now the concept has totally changed because of our busy lifestyle. Hardly have we got time to do all the steps and make our own spice powders at home. Though I prefer to make home ground spices, however do not get time. Hence, I have to rely on the store bought spice powders sometimes for emergency cases.
Review of 3 Eastern products
Eastern Bisibela bhath powder
Eastern Hyderabadi Biryani Mix
Eastern Puliyogare Mix
Usually we bloggers prepare Homemade masala powders and now it’s time to taste the Eastern product. It’s an easy way process with the steps directed behind the pack and tastes different.
First Review: Eastern Bisibela bhath powder
So here comes my first review on Bisibela bath masala
Being In Bangalore, I have been doing this recipe for at least once in aweek.It’s actually a one pot meal which is fast to cook and tastes yum when it’s served hot. the aroma of the coriander and til seeds was so evident in the masala. Everyone liked it and the color was very good. Cinnamom, clove and til seeds was sensible and all the spices were added perfectly like according to the measuremnets.The spice flavors and the color in this bisibela bhath powder mix is really favorable and blends well with rice. 

The look was very appealing and keeps expecting more when you try out once. The masala powder is well balanced, that is, the spice and flavors are not overpowering. It is just like what we prepare at home, except for the salt. On the whole as I said, it is like our home made masala, anyone can go for Eastern Bisibela bhath powder without any second thought. This is the first time when I made some thing with readymade masala, and believe me it is so easy to cook and yummy to taste.

 Rating for Bisibela bhath masala: 8/10
Second review: Eastern Hyderabadi biryani mix
This product is damn spicy and when I tried for the first time, my family members could not eat with enjoyment. So I tried to reduce the quantity of the spice mix to briyani. 
 Eastern have suggested Biryani masala for so many biryani varieties like Eastern Bombay mix, Sindhi biryani mix. Try to get all the biryani masala mix and feel the taste.The powder imparts a lot of spice and a strong flavor.
 Rating for Hyderabadi Biryani mix: 7 /10
Final Review: Eastern Puliogare masala:
The final product which I tried is one of my favorite recipe from childhood is Puliogare, where I always get in temples. My mom prepares this mixture by roasting and grinding the dry spices. Voila...Now days we get in packet versions, I assure you that this Puliogare powder mix is damn good and tastes just like my mom does at home. 
Every spice in this packet is well balanced and the aroma and taste of tamarind was very prominent in the masala. If it has more peanuts, it would have been nice for the colorful texture. My kids always love the spicy flavor which is perfectly blended in this mix. Totally I was enjoying my Puliogare with my family.

Rating for Puliogare masala: 9/10
Note: This is an unbiased review which is purely based on my own taste & preference.

Thanks Eastern Condiments for giving me an opportunity to review your products.

1 comment:

Apricot Milkshake