Here is a simple yet flavorful, tasty & easy to make tomato dosa recipe .This is one of my mother's version. The best part is it doesn't need any fermentation.You can prepare that if you have idli or dosa batter at home. Today we will learn how to make tomato dosa following our easy recipe. We never get fed up eating new varieties of dosas for breakfast. It turned out super delicious.. The tomato dosas have got a gorgeous color along with amazing flavors too. Never expected it to come out so well.. Do try this instant dosa for your lazy weekend breakfast or as a quick fix during weekdays. I am sure that everyone will love this tangy taste.
Check out other Breakfast varieties
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe Type: Breakfast
1. Dry grind jeera first coarsely, then add tomatoes, ginger, green chilli and grind to a fine paste adding little salt. (Dosa batter already has salt in it).
2. Mix this with the dosa batter nicely. Our tomato dosa batter is ready. Now we will make dosa. You can add a little finely chopped coriander leaves if preferred.
3. Heat a non-stick tawa or an iron tawa, add a drop of oil Pour 1 ladle of batter in the center and spread it in a circular motion.
Just fold it and transfer to the serving plate
5. Yummy and crispy thakkali dosai is ready.
- The dosa is very tasty and soft but should be taken hot. Temper it with mustard seeds, add the chopped coriander leaves, salt and curry leaves and mix well. (Some people prefer temering)
Make sure to mix the batter well each time you make dosa.You will get crispy dosa only when the batter is thin
- I used my mother in laws special red chillies for the bright color
Linking this to Remya Sean’s First blog anniversary