Methi poori is deep fried bread. Methi leaves provide additional nutrition to the plain puris. Plain Poori is one of the traditional breakfast dish. Instead of having a plain poori, if we mix some Methi leaves, they become more healthy. Methi leaves are very good for health and because of its bitter taste, our children won't like it to take it as a poriyal. So this is a slight variation of Plain poori with Methi leaves paste which will be liked by everyone in our family.
Check out my other Breakfast Varieties
Recipe Type:Breakfast or Snacks
1. Take the wheat flour in a bowl and add salt. Keep it ready. Carefully remove the methi leaves from the stems, Wash the leaves and finely chop them and mix in salt and turmeric powder and leave it aside for 5 mins. Squeeze out the extra water from it.
2. Knead well until you get a smooth stiff and pliable dough. The dough should be little stiffer than roti dough. Grease oil all over the dough and leave it aside for half an hour.
3. Make small balls of the methi leaves wheat dough. Take one ball of wheat flour and roll it to 5” poori using the rolling pin.
4. Same way do the other balls of wheat flour.
5. In a heavy bottomed pan, pour the oil and when the oil is hot, gently put the prepared dough.
6.It starts coming to the top portion within a while. Flip the pooris over r and cook the other side until golden brown.
7. Yummy poori is ready to serve with your favorite masala.
Aloo Gobi gravy
Take care not to retain any of the stems, otherwise poori might not fluff up.
Linking to Remya's Event