A breakfast recipe from this state was amazing and. It is found in almost all of the street shops of twang which is made up of buckwheat flour. Pancakes, a traditional monpa tribe breakfast, served with butter tea made of yak milk. Traditionally it is mixed with a local Tibetan beer called chang. I have replaced it with water instead of beer.
This month Shhhh secretly cooking challenge concept is Arunachal Pradesh cuisine.My partnet Priya SDuresh gave me two secret ingredients Maida and Carrots,out of which I have decidedto do Khura (buckwheat pancake).It was a lovely experience to work with these types of cuisines. Thank you akka once again for the lovely ingredients.
Check out some more Breakfast Recipes
Recipe type: Dosa varieties
Cuisine: Arunachal Pradesh
1. Let’s make thick batter by mixing all the flours with water. Rest it for an hour. Grate the carrots and mix it with the batter.Chop coriander leaves for the aroma.
2. Heat a griddle or tawa in a medium flame and smear some butter.
3. Pour the batter in the center of the pan and try taking it out without stuck. These will be slightly thicker so cook on both sides.
4. Serve khura hot along with butter tea.
5.Serve with kara chutney or with your favorite ones
1. I have twisted the recipes with Maida and carrots for my kids to have a different taste. You can proceed with the authentic way of their cuisine.
2. You cannot spread it thin like a dosa,it might tend to stick to the pan.