Zucchini is my son's favorite vegetable, so I will make sabzi with it.This zucchini palya or sabzi needs very minimal ingredients & yet tastes great. It goes well with both rice and roti (Indian flat bread). Zucchini is used in almost everything from breakfast to dinner. It is a summer squash vegetable which is very easy to work with. The most easy way to work with zucchini is sautéing with some seasoning. Actually I have posted Zucchini thogayal previously.This recipe is a quickest approach to fix your lunch or dinner served with bread. Zucchini is sautéed with onions and tomatoes, then added Indian spices for flavoring.
Check out some more Dry curry recipes
Recipe Type: Festival foods
1. Dice the zucchini & keep them aside. Heat oil in a broad pan. When oil is hot, throw in the mustard & cumin seeds.
2. When seeds crackle, add the diced zucchini & mix gently. Heat ghee on a preheated sauce pan. Add onions and sauté until it turns brown.
3. Add tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder & mix well.
4. Cook the zucchini covered for about 7-10 mins. Keep stirring in between.
5. Once the zucchini is soft, turn off the heat.
Drumstick kulambu,Plain rice or roti.
I did not add any other flavors to this sabzi. If you like, you could add garlic for a different flavor.