Rice kheer, an Indian style pudding, is popular dessert cum sweet prepared in many households throughout India.
This quick and easy recipe is enjoyed by all people. Learn how to make rice kheer with left over rice.
Check out other Dessert recipes
Recipe Type: Dessert
1. Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan and roast cashew nuts and almonds until light brown for a minute. Keep it in a separate plate.
2. Take a blender and pulse the rice. (Just whip the rice, do not mash it)Place boiled milk and cooked rice in the same pan.
3. Stir continuously and cook until milk is absorbed and mixture becomes little thick. It will take approx. 12-15 minutes on low flame.
4. Mixture will become very thick when it cools, so keep medium thick consistency.
5. Add cinnamon powder and 2 teaspoons ghee and mix well.
6. Now switch off the flame and add the nuts.
Either hot or refrigerate for some time and serve chilled.
Instead of cardamom powder, Nutmeg powder can also be used.