Second Day of Navarathri –Pasiparuppu Sundal(Yellow Moong Dal Sundal)
Sundal is a healthy South Indian snack made with legumes or lentils. It is easy to make and a perfect tea time snack. During Navratri festival we make different types of sundal every day, offer it to God and serve it to the guests. Today I have prepared sundal with moong dal. It is simple, delicious and filled with protein. So try this simple sundal which is protein rich and healthy.
Check out some more Navaratri recipes.
Recipe Type: Festive foods
1. Wash moong dal for 3 to 4 times. Boil moong dal with plenty of water (around 2 cups) until it becomes soft. Add salt when moong dal is 3/4 th cooked.
2. Moong dal should hold its shape but when you press it should be mashed.
3. Drain the excess water and spread the cooked dal.Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and dried chili.
4. When mustard seeds splutter add urad dal and curry leaves.
4. Stir and add moong dal, finely chopped ginger and asafetida and mix well and turn off the stove.Moong Dal sundal is ready to serve.
Ginger cardamom tea
As a evening snack
I would suggest not to pressure cook it.
My mom prefers to add lemon juice but I like the way it is.
It’s tasted good with grated coconut too