Mushroom korma is spicy and delicious gravy. I got this recipe from one of my aunty who shares her recipes with me. Thrice a week, my son carries roti to school with any curry...But this any curry is not as easy as it may sound... His taste bud always wants some north Indian gravy to go with rotis..Today we will learn how to make mushroom kurma.
Check out some more North Indian recipes.
Cuisine: North Indian
Recipe Type: Side dish for roti
· Mushroom -2 cups
· Peas – ¼ cup
· Onions(finely chopped) -1 ¼ cup
· Tomato(finely chopped) -3/4 cup
· Clove -2 no’s
· Cinnamon stick-1 “
· Fennel seed -1 tsp
· Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
· Chili powder-1 tsp
· Dhania powder- 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
· Salt – to taste
· Cilantro –few sprigs.
· Coconut gratings -3 tbsp.
1. Heat oil in a vessel and add cinnamon stick followed by cloves and fennel seeds.Then add 1 cup of chopped onions and fry them till they become translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste, green chilies, tomatoes and salt and fry till they get smashed.
2. Now add the chopped mushrooms and mix well. Keep it in sim and cover it with a lid for 10 minutes. In the meanwhile make a paste with coconut, fennel and the remaining onions.
3. Add the paste to the mushroom mixture and add required amount of water with the spice powders.
4. Allow it to boil for 15 minutes till the raw smell goes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Chapatti or parotta
Dosa or Idly
Instead of using ginger garlic paste, use can sauté ginger piece’s and garlic pieces