Seventh Day of Navarathri –Kollu (HorseGram) Sundal
Horse gram is also called as kollu paruppu .It has lot of health benefits like lowering cholesterol levels. I made sundal out of this kollu paruppu and is a best evening tea time snack. It’s a healthy lentil which is not so popular. But it has a lot of nutrition and health benefits. Making Sundal with Horse Gram is a good way of adding it to your diet. It is really good for diabetes.Make this sundal for this Navaratri Festival and serve your guests.
Check out some more Navarathri Recipes
Recipe Type: Festive foods
1. Wash kollu and soak it in water over night or for 8 hours. Remove dirt if any and then pressure cook with salt for 5 whistle.
2. When the pressure comes down, remove the lid and strain the lentils through a colander.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter then add broken chili.
4. Add shredded coconut, shredded carrot, curry leaves, asafetida and mix everything well. Now add the kollu and mix well.
5. Turn off the stove and transfer it to a bowl.
Crushed jeera pepper powder can also be added for flavor and taste.