First Day of Navarathri –Apple Kesari(Using Milk)
It’s so easy and quick to prepare and a small change from usual suji halwa/rava kesari. It is a well-known pudding recipe among Indian households this simple dessert has some wonderful taste. I wanted to try rava with apple combination for a long time and at last I made it. Especially after a simple flavorful meal we want something simple but just as tasty. You can actually prepare it in just 10-12 minutes if you have all things in place.It can be served as Naivedya on special festive occasions like Navratri and Janmashtami. You may also end your fast with this delightful dish, which helps your famished body with quick supply of energy.
Check out some Navaratri recipes
Recipe Type: Festive sweets (Desserts)
1. Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a heavy bottom pan and roast the rava until a nice aroma comes out. Keep the roasted rava aside Peel and chop the apples and keep it in a plate.
2. Fry the cashews and raisins in ghee in abroad vessel, add little ghee and Cook this apple in a low- medium flame for 7 minutes.
3. Now add 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil. Add the roasted rava slowly and stir it continuously without forming any lumps. Keep it low.
4. Add sugar slowly with constant stirring to avoid lumps. Add ghee and cook the mixture again and stir continuously until it comes off the sides of the pan.
5. The consistency of the kesari tends to become thick once it is cooled down. Add powdered cardamom and switch off the flame. Garnish with cashews fried in ghee
Reduce the amount of sugar to 1/4 cup for babies
Cut into diamond shapes for kids
I have added the raw chopped apples as the texture is slightly crunchy which provides a contrast to the soft semolina. You can cook the apples in 1/4 cup of water until soft and then add it to the semolina later.