Beetroot pachadi is normally made during Onam and Vishu. It is one among many dishes served on a banana leaf. It’s easy to prepare and I make it quite frequently .It’s one of the easiest curry that you can prepare. I don’t need to say anything else, it’s simple, easy and taste good.
Cuisine: Kerala(South Indian)
Recipe Type: Pachadi/Raitha
1. Grind the coconut, mustard seeds, green chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste. Add little water while grinding, if needed. Keep it aside.
2. Grate beetroot and keep it aside.
3. Cook grated beetroot with less water adding salt and turmeric powder till soft.
4. Add the ground paste and cook for few more minutes in low flame till the raw taste of the coconut goes. Allow it to cool.
5. Add whisked curd and check for salt. Add salt if required and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Then add the curry leaves and red chilli.
7. Add the seasoned ingredients to the beetroot mixture and mix well.
Dry red chillies can be added while tempering.
Linking to Remya's Event