Mushroom is a low-calorie food and a good source of B vitamins. This is a simple and easy to prepare dish and will be a good side for chapatti. I thought the the best way to use them could be as a combo with some frozen peas & Indian spices.
Try this dish and let me know how it turns out.
Check some more Dry curry recipes
Recipe Type: Side dish for roti and rice
1. Wash the mushrooms. If they are whole then slice them in to bigger pieces. Chop the onions, garlic and ginger. Heat both the oils in a frying pan and add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic to the pan.
2. After sautéing for a few seconds, add onion to the mix. Once onions are cooked (2 mins) add peas to it.Mix everything well and let it sit for a min. Now add the mushrooms and add just 2 tbsp. of water.
3. Add chili powder, curry powder, turmeric and the salt. Mix them well cover with a lid and leave it for 10 mins 9. Simmer the stove, mix it all well and remove from the stove.
4. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and enjoy your dish.
- Bread toasts or Indian breads
- As an appetizer
- Rice with Fenugreek Sambar
You can use ginger garlic paste if you run out of time during emergency.