Sweet Corn Soup is one of the popular soups in Restaurants.I am not a big fan of soups with the exception for Tomato soup and Mushroom soup.Growing up soups were not common in my house but my kids love to have it.It is also healthy with no added cream or cheese. The corn puree was thick and creamy and the vegetables added a nice texture to the soup.Soup is a combination corn with veggies. This soup has a nice creamy texture with a sweet flavor which is very healthy for all ages.
Check out other Soup varieties
Recipe Type: Soups
1. Steam the corn and remove the kernels by using the knife.Take corn in the mixer and add water. Grind to the smooth paste or like puree.Seive the corn puree so the fiber is separated from the actually corn kernels.
2. Meanwhile in a glass mix milk and corn flour such that there are no lumps. Keep aside.
3. Heat the butter in a pan, fry the carrot and cabbage for 1-2 min. Add the boiled corn and stir again for 1 min.
4. Add the corn paste n 3 cups of water to the mixture n boil. Once it starts boiling add the corn flour water to it.Stir nicely.
5. Add salt, pepper and bring it to a boil then simmer on low flame for 4-5 min.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
Addition of corn flour yields a thicker soup.If you have vegetable stock, you can use that instead of water.If you are using frozen corn, instead of store bought cream style corn, just boil a cup of corn separately and take out 2 tbsp. of corn form that and keep aside.