It is a popular south Indian snack and breakfast. These are so delicious and irrestible.The winter and crispy hot deep fried snacks sure have a beautiful relation that has only got better with time. A cold winter evening is best celebrated with a hot and crispy serving of onion pakodas, samosas, and aloo bondas. Vazhaipoo bonda is a nutritious savoury which is deep fried snack that is made with the urad dal or lentils.
We love it soaked in sambar in a deep bowl with the chutney which is so filling. The softness inside the bonda, the crunchiness from outside and the gorgeous golden color is something to be experienced each time with the yummy coconut chutney. The combo with sambar and coconut chutney is the superb combo by the South Indians.
Cuisine: South Indian (Snack)
Grated coconut -2 tbsp.
1. Soak urad dal and moong dal for 2 hours.Grind the urad dal and salt without adding water.
2. If unable to grind add a very little water.
3. Add onions, curry leaves, green chilli, cilantro, ginger, hing and salt. Mix well.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Deep fry in very low heat.
5. When the oil is hot enough, slide the vadai gently into the oil using the ladle.
6. The bonda should turn golden brown. Remove the bonda onto a paper towel.
7. Serve with coconut chutney or with sambar.
Coconut green chilli chutney
Grind together coconut,Shallots,green chilli, Salt with water according to the desired consistencyHeat oil in a seasoning pan and add the ingredients separately and add to the coconut mixture.
2. Coconut green chilli chutney is ready.