Tuesday 5 August 2014

Spinach and Baby corn Soup

I know that spinach and baby corn taste different, but the flavors of corn and spinach really work well together.One such recipe is the spinach and baby corn soup.Spinach and baby corn is my mother’s favorite. She used to cook it so often that it became my favorite too. I was missing it now. However I had baby corn and I just wanted to make it into a soup. Once an idea comes into my head, I cannot see an alternative as I have combined with spinach.

 


Prep time
Cook time
Serves
10 mins
20 mins
5


Ingredients










Method
1. Dissolve the corn flour in a little stock and keep aside. Melt the butter in a pan. When it is hot add the onion and garlic and stir fry it for a minute or so.


 2. Add the baby corn and stir gently for 2 minutes. Stir fry for a minute or so and add half of the the vegetable stock or water. . Let it simmer over low heat till the corn is just cooked but not overcooked.


 3. Add the chopped spinach and let it cook for 2 minutes or so and serve.Add the remaining stock which is dissolved in corn flour mixture .Let the soup come to a gentle boil.  Keep on stirring it till the soup thickens.


 4. Serve the soup with some soy sauce and chilli sauce.
 Notes
 You can add pepper and other spices if you like.  If you using readymade stock, add salt accordingly.

5 comments:

Apricot Milkshake