Mango kesari is just like regular Kesaribath except the part that it has ripen mangoes and the mango pulp in it to bring out a complete superior grand taste. Mangoes are always my weakness!!I keep waiting for the mango season to arrive. Though i was not welcoming the idea in the beginning, this turned out to be really flavorful fudge like dessert. Choose ripe sweet mangoes or good quality sweet mango puree for better results. I have used fresh mangoes, we can also use canned mango pulp. It was one of the quickest to prepare and very delicious too. Mango Kesari bath apart from being finger licking delicacy can be as a dessert or as prasadam / naivedhyam.
Wash and clean the mango. Peel the rind and cut into small pieces. (These pieces will be for sautéing).Keep it aside.
For the mango pulp:
Take the peeled mango which already you have made it ready.Blend in amixer by adding little water.Scrape the corner and give a quick stir for a smooth pulp.Place it aside.
1. In a non-stick pan, roast cashews and raisins using one spoon of ghee.Once roast,Keep it aside.In the same pan,roast rava till it turns slight brownish in color.Keep it aside in a separate plate.
2. In the pan add the required quantity of water. Bring it to a boil and add cut ripen mangoes . Lower the flame of the stove. Add color (yellow) which has to be dissolved with the milk and pour back into the boiling pan.
3. Add roasted rava to the boiling water little by little with constant stirring and mix well so that there are no lumps. The mixture turns little liquid and then begins to solidify. By this time rava would have cooked well.
4. Now add the blended mango pulp. Keep adding and mixing till all the mango puree is incorporated into the rava. Before adding sugar taste the pulp. If it is sweeter then reduce the required amount of sugar.
5. After few minutes, add ghee to make sure the rava doesn’t stick to pan. Add cardamom powder and all the roasted nuts. Give it a good stir.
6. Pour into a greased tray. Cut into desired shapes or just scoop into serving dessert bowls and garnish with remaining cashew and raisins.
Mango Kesari is ready to be served either hot or cold.
You can also add grated pista and almonds. Add sugar only after rava gets cooked well. Try to break the lumps when the mixture is semi solid.
The mixture solidifies after some time and so switch off the flame when the mixture is little semi solid.It is optional and depends upon the color of your mango pulp. If your mango pulp is dark then avoid adding the color.
Thank u readers for your overwhelming support and encouragement.
Raw banana Podimas
Spicy Sweet potato wraps
Horsegram paruppu podi
Butterbean soy dosa